Save species while munching
Imagine indulging in a delicious pure cocoa bar and saving species from extinction at the same time. How awesome is that?
Endangered Species Chocolate donates 10% of their net profits to environmental non-profit organizations that help save endangered species. And there is more to it.
Whenever you enjoy an Endangered Species chocolate or offer one as a gift
- You support selected non-profit environmental organizations as they get 10% of the net profit of Endangered Species to continue their work.
- You support farms that produce cacao in a sustainable way, promoting ecosystem and fresh water conservation and ensuring responsible soil and waste management.
- You support small farms that offer good working conditions, occupational health and safety to their farmers.
Endangered Species chocolate started out in 1993 as a way to raise the public's awareness about biodiversity issues, while providing top quality chocolate products. Since then, they have partnered up with many different organizations that protect wildlife. SEE turtles, Chimp Haven and The Ocean Conservancy are some of the non-profits they have supported the previous years. Currently they are supporting the African Wildlife Association and The Xerces Society For Invertebrate Conservations and you can help them as well.
A holistic eco friendly approach
And as Endangered Species is a company that knows environment protection requires a holistic approach, they make sure to follow environmentally sound practices in all levels of production:
- Their office, warehouse and production facilities are powered 100% by wind power.
- They did HVAC and electrical improvements that reduced their annual energy usage by 40%
- They have invested in water-efficient equipment and reduced their water consumption by 50% and their material scrap to less than 2%
So, the next time you want to offer a meaningful gift -to others or yourself!- you can get the African Wildlife Foundation Adoption Collections. You adopt an animal of your choice and you get a one year e-membership at AWF. Plus delicious chocolate, of course!